Friday, August 26, 2011

focus

I've been away for a spell. I am thinking of making an attempt to make more fiberous posts and to pop them out with more regularity. But, as we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.


Ahh well. This piece was illustrated for the 99$ Sale at the Soap Factory. I started it in black and white and then coloured it via watered down acrylics. In all likely-hood, I should have just left it alone in black and white as I like that version better.


A couple of months back I was asked again to provide an illustration for Mark Granlund's web series, The Book of Bartholomew. I provided 10 different version of what is essentially the same illustration to Mark. Luckily, he complains very little and picked out one of them for a recent chapter in that series. I really like how he composed my images in the web-book.



Some years back in Duluth, my pal Terell and I created a little character and a basic world for her to inhabit in what we hoped someday we would turn into a comic. I started some basic sketching and doodling a short story in that world for a little anthology. As the story would have exceeded the page limit, I quickly dropped it and started something else, see post below. After talking with Terell a bit more, he and I will be picking it up once again with the usual caveat, when we have time... ha ha!



These sketch / studies are for a project I am doing with Kel. Again, I meant to have these done about a year ago, but, I got loaded up on other projects. After some of the craziness dies down I will be picking this up again. My original plan was to get this and my collaboration with Justin done this year, but it is looking less and less likely. At this point, I'll be happy just to make some more progress on them. Welp, so that is some fat to chew on eh?


No comments: